Monday, October 10, 2011

Island Medicine

Apparently a big deal for the locals, with the island expecting an influx of people.  On yesterday's trek into town, we organised for a tour suitable for experiencing some culture and entertaining little people.  Most of the tours have hotel transfers included, and the whole thing runs on "vouchers".  You pay the tour, then the sometime later you present your voucher to a driver.  If anything goes wrong, everyone just needs to see the voucher!

This morning we ate breakfast at the resort and found Vegemite and coco pops, but the allure of a plate of salami, bacon and cinnamon donuts is hard to resist...apparently!  After a day of eating with the pint sized fuss pot, I turned a blind eye.  I know from experience that this will be used against me at some future stage, so I will remember "that was only at Vanuatu!".

A short wait sitting on the steps was rewarded with a monster ant bite on the rear end.  There was shock and dismay when I could not instantly produce an icepack, and distraction was the only treatment available.

No comments: