"How does one impress you?"
This was a question posed over the weekend. After a whole day of contemplation, I haven't really come up with much at all.
| Impress - |
|
I am trying to ignore the Shaina Twain theme song that seems to run through my head every time I try to think about what impresses me. I certainly have admiration and respect for an individual who is passionate about something, and that something has taken a considerable amount of dedication and effort for them to achieve. I am deeply influenced people who have earned their way in their life, and that they have faced and overcome their own obstacles.
I respect people who respect themselves, others and the planet. I love to be surrounded by optimistic and well balanced individuals. It is never the person who has the most money, nicest toys or clothes. Nor is it the centre of attention or the life of the party. It is more likely to be the person who is completely cool with being themselves, regardless of the surroundings. A person who takes the time or makes the effort to 'connect' with others rather than simply passing.
I admire people who have such self control to exercise regularly and maintain athleticism. Someone doing full push ups on my lounge room floor after a session on a spin bike, wow, yes that was awesome beyond all belief.
I respect people who respect the finiteness of life. The people that take the time to live it, while they can. I am influenced deeply by people who have a strong sense of family, and that they shoulder that responsibility with commitment.
In reading back through the random thoughts, with the exception of the ability to do some serious push ups on my floor, it would appear that I am impressed by people who have similar traits to myself....hmmm maybe there is some more soul searching to do around that.
2 comments:
And I think I would also add...people who have a complete sense of calmness or stillness about them.
I think its no surprise that you are impressed by people who show similarity to yourself - but you have it the wrong way around. You have dedicated yourself to becoming a person who has the traits you admire in others... it is you who are similar to them. And its a testimony to you. Many people display one or two of these impressive characteristics, but you have taken on the challenge of all of them.
Post a Comment