![]() |
| http://www.swimvacation.com/2011/12/09/sleep/
|
There was much amusement when I asked if she was pumping out a cool km. 20 laps, I used to do it, how hard could it be? Bloody hard when you are out of shape! The first lap, I could have sworn someone was stretching out the end and I was never going to make it. By lap three the arms were hurting, even my little triceps went into shock.
By lap ten I had found the groove and was skipping along at a pace slightly faster than an escaping sloth. From lap ten to sixteen I was in heaven. The AS was loving the cool temperature and the weightless activity. It was great to be able to stretch out beyond the 12 metre pool at home. But even better to have mental stillness. No child bombing, no niece talking, no work, no anything, just quiet.
After completing my 1 km, I hauled out of the pool with all the grace of a pregnant sea lion, and actually I am sure that sucking in that air probably sounded like one also. I was talking to my sister, who wanted to be annoyed at my efforts, but happy that the AS loved the outing. So we declared to make it a regular weekend activity.

1 comment:
wonderful! I am looking forward to the time when I can get back in the pool myself... only about, oh, four years to go... :)
Post a Comment