Our work project is about to commence into the second phase of transition. Like the first phase, we have to deploy a team of training staff to our partnering organisation. This time, sending another team member is not the best option, and I am heading off myself.
Now India was not on the list of travel destinations for me. Can you picture the germ phobic, personal boundary issue and cow hating traveller in down town India? There are extensive travel logistics that have been happening for the past few months, including a trip to the medical team for injections.
Now I am know to be a terrible tease in the office, but there is one particular staff member who continues to trust in my wicked ways. On the morning of the medical appointments, I ungracefully skipped past her desk, wiggling my rear end on the way past, and announcing that we were to be receiving our injections in the rear end, in just a few hours. There was a clear amount of fear on the team member's face, actually it looked more like dread.
Several hours later the Dr ushers us both into the room for the travel speeches. Part way during the speech, the staff member sitting beside me bursts forwards across the desk, and screeches to the Dr, "I am not wearing the best under wear for this occasion". The Dr hardly skipped a beat injecting "you have them in the arm" and continuing on with the remaining conversation. Now at this stage I am almost doubled over laughing in the chair beside me, and the staff member is sitting wide eyed with disbelief starring in my direction, mouth ajar! Priceless.
There was a small amount of payback when I informed the Dr that I had not had any childhood diseases. The needle score was 6 to 3, and I could barely move both arms for two weeks.
There was a small amount of payback when I informed the Dr that I had not had any childhood diseases. The needle score was 6 to 3, and I could barely move both arms for two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment