After signing legal waivers for the pair of us, and not receiving a response to my question on how many people had been seriously injured, we set off to find ourselves some horses. At this stage I had not really given the whole thing much thought, we had a horse experience for the 5th birthday, and she was a natural. Now we are in a foreign country, and Mummy is also sitting on a horse.
The team was fantastic and soon realised that the pint sized rider was never going to hang on to the reins, so they tied her horse to an instructor. The horses had a little mind of their own and soon sorted an order that they were happy to follow along in. The teacher has now got a complete look of terror on her face and is no longer happy about anything, clearly not enjoying anything about this riding experience.
At the half way mark we were on top of the hill, looking down onto the bay.
The rest of the journey was uneventful, except for the Teacher getting too close to the rear of my horse. End result was a good swift kick from my horse into hers. I of course remained composed and dignified, pretending that I had some skill on a horse. In truth, I have absolutely no skill, and completely ignored the guides suggestion that we canter, trot or move anything faster than the waddle were were moving at.
The end of the ride and Maddy got a small bareback swim on the horse at the beach. Regrettably from atop the horse she has spotted a starfish that must be cuddled. I of course have not heard that comment, and when we left the beach the small volcano erupted. A week of tiredness has now overcome her, and the preceding tantrum that lasts in the car ride back to the hotel was akin to an Oscar nomination. I didn't really care about the other couple, and mostly just focused on not trying to gag the child who was announcing I was the worst Mother, and a whole load of other equally flattering comments!




1 comment:
What a wonderful photo and memory.xx
Post a Comment