Saturday, October 8, 2011

#1 Flaming Bull Steakhouse

As the number one thing to do, I was keen to get this one into the schedule early on.  One of the great things about this place is that it accepts credit card.  It turns out that Vanuatu does have a GST arrangement, but you would never know as the island runs on cash! 

The menu has deep fried mars bars for 850VT, thanks but no thanks for that one.  We ordered satay kebabs and garlic prawns.  Despite all the accolades for Vanuatu beef, I did go for the seafood!  Mostly in case I needed to trade for the rejected meal from the other side of the table.  I also managed to squeeze in a banana deep fried in crumbed coconut, I figured if I was going to let myself go for the week, I might as well do it in style!

My mobile phone has absolutely no coverage on the island, and I am not missing the always contactable Australian way.  The small blonde novelty is everywhere, and I actually copped a rub at one of the places.  Maddison has been super with the touching, and now hardly notices it.

The nintendo at the dinner table is causing a stir with the waiters, and I can only imagine what they think of 'our' world.  The surrounding tables are all filled with couples and it is a reminder of our solo journey.  At this stage in the day conversation is very light on from our table, at 7.00 pm after a day of activities, the little blue eyes are hanging out of the child's head.  The meal wasn't fabulous and after seeing some other places on our visit, I would say that being rated number 1 may have been accidental!

No comments: