Thursday, April 5, 2012

Departure Day

I was requested to bring duty free alcohol, so armed with my little list I headed off to find an assistant who could located lime vodka.  Like a true salesperson I was tempted with up selling. "How about the vodka version with real gold flakes, apple and a hint of Cinnamon?"  In my head I was wondering if it was worth straining the liquid, catching the flakes and making my own ingot.  After a quick assessment, I didn't think it was worth the effort, but I did wonder why anyone would want to drink gold flakes!

http://fijibluebure.com/5201.html
The flight over was extremely cramped.  Maddison quickly took the window seat, leaving me wedged in the middle with a large islander lady, who later turned out to have a perfect American accent.  I kindly donated half of my seat, and shared some of Maddison's, as I am not found of other people touching me whilst on public transport.

It was a Qantas flight over, on a partner airline.  At the serving of the afternoon tea, I did look quite skeptically at the chicken sandwich, toasted with vast quantities of cheese and carrots.  Maddison of course refuse to eat it, and I did have to struggle to get a small portion of it down!

Arrving at Fiji on nightfall, our hosts took us to a local resturant for dinner, The Blue Bure.  After consuming an interesting meal of Chicken Coconut Ginger Tortellini- served with a creamy coconut ginger sauce, I did give it a fairly high rating.

No comments: