Although I was warned about what the Indian traffic would be like, nothing can really prepare you for driving up the motorway, merging with 14 other "lanes" of vehicles, and then hanging a u-turn just before you reach the toll booths! Or the fear of breathing in as your sitting in a little tuk-tuk because you some how think it will make the whole vehicle smaller.
The traffic rules are simple....THERE ARE NO RULES. Lanes must simply be painted on the road in an effort to keep Council employees busy (much like Australia I suspect!), they are not there as any indication to traffic that perhaps it would be a good idea to drive in the lanes.
Speed limits really do not apply to the BMW driver who thought that 160km per hour was completely OK, despite the pitch black darkness and thick fog. But it was this image that I had initially thought OMG what a relief, maybe there is hope for Indian driving after all. On the rear of the vehicle is "Stop Horn Please".
Alas I was mistaken. Punctuation is like traffic rules, completely missing. "Stop Horn Please" is actually "Stop, Horn Please". Also note the driver's front door.
The traffic rules are simple....THERE ARE NO RULES. Lanes must simply be painted on the road in an effort to keep Council employees busy (much like Australia I suspect!), they are not there as any indication to traffic that perhaps it would be a good idea to drive in the lanes.
Speed limits really do not apply to the BMW driver who thought that 160km per hour was completely OK, despite the pitch black darkness and thick fog. But it was this image that I had initially thought OMG what a relief, maybe there is hope for Indian driving after all. On the rear of the vehicle is "Stop Horn Please".
Alas I was mistaken. Punctuation is like traffic rules, completely missing. "Stop Horn Please" is actually "Stop, Horn Please". Also note the driver's front door.

No comments:
Post a Comment