The new medicine has finally kicked in, the Brisbane rain has finally stopped, and I have my usual weekend list of things to get done. In now a better frame of mind to reflect back on the recent words of the medical specialist, I can smile at the comments.
Today is general clean up mode from the recent weather and construction activities. The front lawns have been mowed, edges trims and gardens weeded. The back lawns have also been mowed, but the trimming of edges on the acre does take some time, so that one will be pushed to the Sunday.
As the heat of the day kicked in, we headed off to the nursery to pick up our two free trees courtesy of the local council. In reflecting on the past couple of weeks, I had decided that I would part with the $445 for the trailer attachment to the ride on lawn mower. It had been on the list to buy since I bought the lawnmower in 2010. There hasn't been a spot in the annual top 5 list of things to get, mainly due to an existing wheelbarrow and the benefits of hauling it around the yard!
Imagine my delight when arriving at the store and finding it had been marked down to $200, or $150 if you want to take the flat packed version and assemble it yourself. There is never a shortage of helpers for construction activities in our family. The sister and niece have only started to learn the difference between a screwdriver and a spanner in the last few years, and Maddy just loves to help with this sort of thing. After a few hours of giggling I will be able to move loads of landscaping product in a weekend now!
No comments:
Post a Comment