
The drive down is very nice, and it reminded me several times of some of the best bits of home. I cannot fathom what it must be like for the local residents to wake up each morning and have this view sitting right in their backyard.
The completely funny moment was arriving at the destination and the three youngsters jumping out of the car. When caps went on, along with a back pack of snacks, all three of their eyes were wide open. OMG parents, are you intending that we are to walk somewhere!! The hike is not very fair, and very easy, so the moaners only lasted a short while before they got into the spirit of the adventure.
The most favourite moments of the day were spent from afar, just watching the extended family interact. This is the first time I have had such respect for another person's approach to parenting, and I just adore the stable and no nonsence approach to it all. I cannot imagine what is must be like to parent two boys all by yourself.
We stopped at a park to have a picnic lunch, and to enjoy the scenery. It was also great to see the interaction between the three kids. Maddison has ventured into new territory, with two older boys around. Despite her shyness, she did manage to forge kinship with a love of computer games. It also turns out that one of them was keen to go eel spotting! All in all, another perfect outing.



No comments:
Post a Comment