Sunday, June 24, 2012

Wet Weekend Activity

We headed off on an activity afternoon the other weekend.  Despite plans for a forest walk, it appeared part way along the journey that it was bound to be a rain forest walk!  Despite the best laid plans, the restaurant in mind was full with a half hour wait.

Now I am not big on waiting for food at the best of times, so we headed off for a walk around the marina.  Success in finding a cosy spot on the pier, with the fish swimming around beside our table.  We are also still trying to encourage eating on the fussy child, so I ordered a seafood platter.  Plenty of options there to consider, and the best option at all was that there is no longer two of us, so the three of us had a nice lunch.  Despite the chick on the radio announcing that this was a couch and DVD day, I am pleased to say that this family found plenty of fun stuff to do in the terrible weather.

No comments: