Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why am I Single?

I was recently asked by a person "Why are you single..?"  Interesting question, and I was sure that the inner circle peanut gallery may have an opinion on the matter, so I decided to poll them for a response!

The best answer by far was;

"Because you have a clear idea of who you think you should be with... and thats a rare person...
Because you don't actually need someone in your life to feel complete
Because you stress yourself out about the longer term too much to be in the moment (sometimes) meaning that you want a serious long term prospect or nothing at all - which may not leave space for longer term to sneak up on you
Because its damn hard to find a good woman who is worth the fuss and bother."

Actually the answer really got me thinking about a few things, namely about the not leaving any space for someone to sneak up.  I think that this comment struck the biggest chord.  My position is that I do have a list, I am rather independent (OK rather is an optional word there!), and I feel incredibly grateful for my life, it already feels complete. 

I also think that the universe will send me someone when I am meant to find her, so I guess I haven't really been contemplating the opportunity for "sneaking".  That combined with being an intuitive person, I do make a quick assessment around suitability, and with my already busy and complete life, well she would have to be special to make step change and pause.

No comments: