Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goal 61. Go to an international soccer match

Now let me start with I am not a soccer fan, but I did head out last night night to watch the Socceroos take on Thailand.  The seats were awesome, right on the centre line, third row from the field.  The actual game was more interesting than I anticipated, and it actually looked faster in real life!

The Thailand team took an early lead, and the Socceroos seemed to be full of possession, but choking on anything remarkably like a shot at goal!  Despite all the time in the scoring end of the field, somehow they managed to put in 2 goals, and secure a victory.  Although it was not really a deserved win, more like an accidental victory, as the score should have been much higher.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/gallery/269066,australia-v-thailand-pic-gallery.aspx/30
The evening was enjoyable, excellent company, home cooked baked dinner prior, lovely walk to and from the ground, and a hot chocolate as the parting gift.  Life is certainly good :-)

No comments: