Friday, August 17, 2012

Sea World

Maddy's 7th Birthday was actually shared with a friend, and the boys were away that weekend.  Very sad for all concerned, so we took advantage of the mid week public holiday and scooted down to the Gold Coast for the day.

There was almost a a squeal at one point, spotting a little blue fish.  This was a gentle reminder of our snorkeling trips at Vanuatu.  Being in an around the aquarium is a favourite past time, and it reminds me of how much I love being by the water.  Lucky that is already factored into the 65 year plan.

I did also manage to get on the cable car and travel a short distance.  Given that I was sharing the journey with the newly named 'tweenie' (nearly a teenager :-) ) I put on a very brave face, even with the pause mid flight over the dolphin ponds.  However at the end of the trip I was fairly motion sick.  Thank goodness I did not cave into the princess' demands on various fast paced rides, or the roller coaster!  I did trade for a viking type water ride and a pink dolphin.




I have had a swim with the dolphins and there are a couple of photographs at home.  Maddy has decided that is definitely something that she would like to do, so I promised that would be a great gift for a ten year old.




No comments: