Saturday, August 18, 2012

Define Value

I have decided that after several years of wanting one, I should actually just buy one.  So I have been asking about spin bikes.  The best opinion from the fitness buff is that I need a 30 Kg model, and no that does not mean I am too big to get on it!  Here is the recommended model;


Pretty swanky, but the RRP is $2000, and I have found a store that will do $1300.  Good discount off RRP but....I did a quick review on eBay and found this option;


Now this rated flywheel is only 27Kg, but still classified as a commercial option.  Slightly less than the shopping list was meant to be, but way better than the dozen or so other models I researched.  Trouble is the $1000 price tag is currently reduced for the next three days to $300.  That makes a $1000 variance on the first model.  It looks like a bulk purchase with 167 sold already and good feedback on the seller.

From where I sit, even if the cheaper option only lasted a year or so, the $1000 savings will be worth it.  Let's hope the fitness buff gives the tick of approval after her first spin, and it is not too difficult to assemble.

No comments: