Friday, May 18, 2012

Farm Stay continued.

We found butterflies

fed many more chickens than we own,

and spent time brushing the horse, as well as numerous throws of the wet tennis ball for the bounding border collie. 

Mum became a cooking legend when she pulled out a home made tea cake from the oven.  Whilst the adults were clearly impressed, the skeptisim of the children soon departed when a fresh batch of cupcakes were also promptly iced.

Lucky for us, Mum's wood gathering earlier in the afternoon with the tribe of kids resulted in an awesome fire later that night.  She also managed to crank up the BBQ for us for dinner and breakfast.  There was much envy from the other cabin as they departed around midnight, leaving our toasty environment for their dark cabin across the field.

The camera was passed along among the parents, so random images were uploaded onto iPads for us to make a selection from the day's activities.  There was a series that someone had taken, and when they popped onto the screen I almost had chest pains.  Upon looking at some of these, I was instantly transported to about age 17, and I think I may be slightly afraid of the teenage years, this is bound to be trouble.

No comments: