Monday, March 5, 2012

Success and Failure

The only difference between the successful and the unsuccessful is the willingness to take those little steps over and over again. [Trent]

This is the quote that has been written on the bathroom mirror the past month.  Whilst it was originally written for the context of personal finance, it seem to strike a chord for me over the period.  The past couple of months have been a small project in their own right, a journey or obstacle to overcome.

After the main relationship terminated almost seven years ago, I always moaned that I lost all the sporty friends in the divorce!  These days I have managed to find some great replacements.  The crew are looking at running in the Mother's Day Classic, which after a small amount of research for this post, has dropped from a 5km run to a 4km one!!  The inner circle is recently aware of the small challenges in my world, and I figure a goal of contributing is just the thing. 

I am sure that looking awesome during the event has long gone, and I will be focusing on just getting across the finish line.  Of course now I have to somehow align the mental will to reality :-)  So tonight I gingerly stepped back on the treadmill for the first time, so we will see how it all goes.

No comments: