We headed out for lunch today to visit the Green Tree Frog Cafe at The Gap. About a 30 minute car ride from home. The menu at the cafe was fairly basic, but after the Christmas festival of eating, it was quite nice.
The Cafe overlooks an aviary, so we did some bird spotting while eating lunch. The actual wildlife sanctuary was $6.20 for an adult, and kids under grade 1 age manage to get in free. For the entry price, it was a bargain. There were only a handful of other guests, and the weather was awesome.
As I was snapping some shots for the album, a nice gentleman offered to take our picture. As I was passing the camera over to him, he smiled and asked me if I was playing in the tournament this year. It took me a few seconds to catch on, and then I realised he thought I was a professional tennis player, due to my Australian Open polo shirt. Great news that I look like a professional tennis player, but he sure wouldn't say that after seeing my serve!
A delightful walk through an entertaining array of creatures.
1 comment:
One of my favorite spots! Feels like you are in the bush but only minutes from my house :) great photos!
Post a Comment