It did make me think that now Maddison is older that we should do more community activities together. I struggle with many of the kids of today, gratitude seems to be almost forgotten, long replaced with entitlement and the endless material acquisition. Much of life has almost become disposable, a number of kids no longer learn to cook, teenagers don't even blink at replacing a mobile phone after 12 months and what ever happened to handkerchiefs?!!
I do strive for my parenting to be balanced, and I want my child to understand gratitude, respect and humility. They are still early years, but our trip to Vanuatu was the start of something more in our lives. To witness that there are people and countries that are less fortunate than us. I do have annual goals in 'Community and Giving to Others', I shall ponder these thoughts in a few weeks when setting the 2012 plan.
2 comments:
Very powerful message.
Definitely worth the watch!!
Post a Comment