Replacing furniture is always a fun thing to do, and it has been a long time coming. I bought the dining table about 16 years ago. It was a package deal as part of setting up a house, it wasn't expensive, and in hindsight, not practical. But when I originally purchased it, I had not anticipated that ten years later a small one would come into my life, and potentially fingerpaint every known and unknown substance over the fabric!
There was a small moment in the store in which she was laying all over the suede chairs, announcing to the sales guy that these were definitely the chairs for her. To which the guy replied "How do you know they are the ones?" Quick as a flash the response was "Look at the way my hands can mark all over them!" To which I did not even turn my head to look at the pair of them as I stated, "We are so not getting those ones!"
I also noticed when shopping the differences between boys and girls. At the stage of knowing I do not want the display chairs, he rushes to the next table and indicates the preferred option of some nice brown leather chairs. I reply with they are nice, but I want the black ones. The guy looked dismayed at my choice, and set about changing my mind. I politely asked him to move the chairs from across the store to the table I had selected. I also personally gave him a hand, so as to ensure that he did not feel unduly pressured by females who have to bloody see the furniture moved a little to the right, before the give the OK!
Chairs in place, and he then says "Well, I'll be".
The boxes arrived the next day, and I set about assembling them all together. Added benefit for the child was a few additional hours of construction to create a small fortress in the living room. Mum is handy with a knife, so we added a functioning door, with window, and a couple of wings for the house.
A few days later I arrived home from interstate, and was rushed in to inspect the new mod conns for the abode. Every house needs a fridge apparently. This in itself is not an enlightening moment. But I had to take a picture of the fridge, because that certainly was.....
Not only is the fridge installed, it is completely kitted out with fruit and vegetables of all kinds, including the current favourite watermelon, and a couple of drink bottles, before you go thinking what sort of crazy blue vegetables is that parent trying to serve up? No wonder the kid won't eat vegetables!



No comments:
Post a Comment