March is almost over, three months of the year are gone. Gone in a flash and a blur. I haven't managed to write my annual year in review to wrap up 2014. I have done my vision board for 2015, and was blessed with a partner in crime to complete this year's activity. I also couldn't be prouder of what the nine year old presented for laminating, or the fact she wanted to hang it in her room. For another post, I will grab some pictures for the blog, for memories to be reviewed at some future junction.
I did take the time to do all the normal tasks. I have annual goals for the year, but I have been super busy working through them. Enjoying life, and not having that much time left over to blog about it, but to simply sleep, rest and recuperate in order to keep on trucking! It feels like the time ponder next moves in life have been well spent, and the foundation row of the walls are laid. Giggle, yes they physically have been, pardon the pun. In preparation for the merging of two families sometime this year, the front fence and gate are under construction. The final date is yet to be set, but I am progressively moving through the house in clean up phase, making room for our family of two to become five.
In order to do that, there are sacrifices to make in order to achieve the ultimate goal. Yes, the home office gets decommissioned in favour of another kids bedroom. At this stage most of my work is done at client sites, so the impact is minimal, or so I thought. In pulling down the contents I have managed to uncover enough literature to potentially sink the titanic again! So I will need to work on how to extract the information I wanted to keep from the millions of pages, and finally turn it into something digital and useful.
I also managed to stumble across the contents of the legal fight of the big separation. In reading some of the correspondence, I realised it was time to light the fire, and watch the final pages burn. I also found the past decade of dating remnants. So there was a few steps down memory lane followed by more torching. The youngster looked on quizzically, wondering what was happening. Maybe it was the fire in the middle of Summer, or maybe she was just being nosey about the hidden contents!
I also remember during the past twelve months a conversation which went something like;
I did take the time to do all the normal tasks. I have annual goals for the year, but I have been super busy working through them. Enjoying life, and not having that much time left over to blog about it, but to simply sleep, rest and recuperate in order to keep on trucking! It feels like the time ponder next moves in life have been well spent, and the foundation row of the walls are laid. Giggle, yes they physically have been, pardon the pun. In preparation for the merging of two families sometime this year, the front fence and gate are under construction. The final date is yet to be set, but I am progressively moving through the house in clean up phase, making room for our family of two to become five.
In order to do that, there are sacrifices to make in order to achieve the ultimate goal. Yes, the home office gets decommissioned in favour of another kids bedroom. At this stage most of my work is done at client sites, so the impact is minimal, or so I thought. In pulling down the contents I have managed to uncover enough literature to potentially sink the titanic again! So I will need to work on how to extract the information I wanted to keep from the millions of pages, and finally turn it into something digital and useful.
I also managed to stumble across the contents of the legal fight of the big separation. In reading some of the correspondence, I realised it was time to light the fire, and watch the final pages burn. I also found the past decade of dating remnants. So there was a few steps down memory lane followed by more torching. The youngster looked on quizzically, wondering what was happening. Maybe it was the fire in the middle of Summer, or maybe she was just being nosey about the hidden contents!
I also remember during the past twelve months a conversation which went something like;
I am thinking of starting my own business.
Really, won't that be a lot of work?
Nah, I doubt it.
Ok, well there I go under estimating the enormity of another milestone on the 65 year plan. Despite all the constant work for the new company, it has been a blast, and has certainly put some passion back into the working life. Our holiday plans are starting to come together as we book flights for the China holiday.
The blog is important, so I need to take some time to maintain it. It helps with analysing my thoughts and documenting the journey. And with life at this current pace, it surely is important to take a few moments to breathe.....and sleep! zzzzzzzz more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment