Well the blogging has been a little quiet! The single postings are now a thing of the past. I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to get to know the new adorable vegan that has inhabited our lives for the past two months.
Certainly I am learning that not all vegan foods are edible i.e. some chocolates and definitely soy coffees! But I am also learning that dining with a vegan is not as difficult or restrictive as I thought it would be. Certainly when you open our fridge or pantry you can see a change. We have also found an awesome bakery down the coast, so our journeys are paused to pick up coffee and custard filled donuts.
It has been an easy, simple transition into a new life routine. Things that had been incredibly difficult and challenging over the course of the last five years have long vanished, and life has become more balanced, simple, easy and fun.
The three of us had an instant connection, which was a primary concern in looking retrospectively. I had suffered with major parental guilt over my choices and was concerned about the example I was setting, how would the youngster view relationships and navigate her own dating world when she was older?
I have managed to be the very first person taken home to meet the family, which was a little daunting on several angles. Including the size of the family! Much larger than our little four person extended family unit. Some challenges to work through with my family who were hesitant around one issue. But family dinners and canasta have really changed views, and the opportunity to watch interactions around recipes and table banter has been great to see.
An INTP and INTJ, it is a lovely mix. Working in similar fields, and a general compatible approach to life we have enjoyed kayaking, cooking, gardening and quiet nights of movies, wine and marshmallow roasting. Ok, I skipped the wine part ;-)
It is nice to feel important and wanted in someone's life, and I am sure that the two introverts have never wracked up 1200 text messages a month in the normal course of our lives! I know my mates all rate me as the least likely to respond to anything via text. I think she is the one, and it is a privilege to have her in our midst. Picnic packed and we are heading out to look for new kayaking spots through the wetlands today to take advantage of the public holiday and the lovely weather.
Certainly I am learning that not all vegan foods are edible i.e. some chocolates and definitely soy coffees! But I am also learning that dining with a vegan is not as difficult or restrictive as I thought it would be. Certainly when you open our fridge or pantry you can see a change. We have also found an awesome bakery down the coast, so our journeys are paused to pick up coffee and custard filled donuts.
It has been an easy, simple transition into a new life routine. Things that had been incredibly difficult and challenging over the course of the last five years have long vanished, and life has become more balanced, simple, easy and fun.
The three of us had an instant connection, which was a primary concern in looking retrospectively. I had suffered with major parental guilt over my choices and was concerned about the example I was setting, how would the youngster view relationships and navigate her own dating world when she was older?
I have managed to be the very first person taken home to meet the family, which was a little daunting on several angles. Including the size of the family! Much larger than our little four person extended family unit. Some challenges to work through with my family who were hesitant around one issue. But family dinners and canasta have really changed views, and the opportunity to watch interactions around recipes and table banter has been great to see.
An INTP and INTJ, it is a lovely mix. Working in similar fields, and a general compatible approach to life we have enjoyed kayaking, cooking, gardening and quiet nights of movies, wine and marshmallow roasting. Ok, I skipped the wine part ;-)
It is nice to feel important and wanted in someone's life, and I am sure that the two introverts have never wracked up 1200 text messages a month in the normal course of our lives! I know my mates all rate me as the least likely to respond to anything via text. I think she is the one, and it is a privilege to have her in our midst. Picnic packed and we are heading out to look for new kayaking spots through the wetlands today to take advantage of the public holiday and the lovely weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment