Work is plodding along. Client number one bores me to tears, and after seven months I have decided that my sanity in life is more important than the daily contracting rate. When I tried to resign, the came to the party with more flexible working hours which has left me with additional time to work with client number two. The local recruitment market for senior roles remains non existent, as does my desire to relocate in another country or state at this stage in my life. With the additional hours to while away the day, thoughts have returned to starting my own company. I have even gone as far as emailing the accountant and lawyer. Of course the universe then stepped in with a job interview for me, so now I am sitting back in my procrastinating mode! Perhaps the way forward will clear itself in time. Surprisingly I am fine with the muddling pace of work, it has been a welcome relief to recover from the last permanent role.
The good thing about having my sister move in for a few months was the nightly person to chat to, exercise with and cook for. Of course the neat freak and the not so neat freak did start to wear on each other, as expected. With my exercise goals now well on track for the year, this may actually be the first year in awhile that those goals are met.
The relationship status is progressing well as we endeavour to navigate our journey together. Harder pieces of the puzzle are being slotted into place and we are finding a good stable platform to work from.
No comments:
Post a Comment