It is officially week three of the disastrous diet plan. At week 1.5 I was over it, but I really didn't understand how bad it could get! I am now at the three week mark, and counting the days to the return visit with the specialist.
I had some rather annoying news at work with a strategic plan that was completely derailed. The end result was the one or maybe two promotions I had been plotting for suddenly vanished in a rather unfortunate demise. I actually didn't see the end result coming, and it left me in disbelief.
I was quickly scooted off to lunch by one of the team, and I can honestly say it didn't take much to pull me off the wagon for that meal. I tried gallantly to navigate through the Yum Cha menu before falling on my...three pork buns! And with them out of the way, well it seemed only fitting to dust off a custard tart in memory of better times!
I did promptly return to the office, take a breath and a sip of my peppermint tea. I have returned to "trying" to stay close to what I am meant to be eating. I have even made some gluten free muffins, which on day one were awesome. Day 2, I could have sold them to Spaulding as a replacement for indestructible squash balls. My gluten free savoury scones were great, but then I had practiced them years earlier.
I have even made some apricot jam tonight, and swapped out the sugar for the natural version that is on the approved list. Maybe I can have it on my gluten free toast in the morning. The health has marginally improved, but it is hard to work out if the work and home stress at present are contributing to the pain, or if it is just back to being normal. Either way I shall be having a stern chat next week about my total lack of desire to preserve with this eating plan.
I had some rather annoying news at work with a strategic plan that was completely derailed. The end result was the one or maybe two promotions I had been plotting for suddenly vanished in a rather unfortunate demise. I actually didn't see the end result coming, and it left me in disbelief.
I was quickly scooted off to lunch by one of the team, and I can honestly say it didn't take much to pull me off the wagon for that meal. I tried gallantly to navigate through the Yum Cha menu before falling on my...three pork buns! And with them out of the way, well it seemed only fitting to dust off a custard tart in memory of better times!
I did promptly return to the office, take a breath and a sip of my peppermint tea. I have returned to "trying" to stay close to what I am meant to be eating. I have even made some gluten free muffins, which on day one were awesome. Day 2, I could have sold them to Spaulding as a replacement for indestructible squash balls. My gluten free savoury scones were great, but then I had practiced them years earlier.
I have even made some apricot jam tonight, and swapped out the sugar for the natural version that is on the approved list. Maybe I can have it on my gluten free toast in the morning. The health has marginally improved, but it is hard to work out if the work and home stress at present are contributing to the pain, or if it is just back to being normal. Either way I shall be having a stern chat next week about my total lack of desire to preserve with this eating plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment